Technical talk on geosciences in Paraguay
On October 31, 2017, a “Technical talk on geosciences”, organized by the Faculty of Geology and the GOAL (in the auditorium of the Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences of the National University of Asunción) was held. GeO Network of Latinamerican-German ALumni), chapter Paraguay.
Five professionals, all of them GOALists, have presented the following topics:
- Economic Impact of Gold Mining in the District of Paso Yobai Department of Guairá, by Lic. Geol. Juan Carlos Benítez
- Proposal for a geoenvironmental solution to the contamination of Lake Ypacaraí, by Msc. Geol. Celso Velazquez.
- Mba’éichapa? Peteí ñeporandu porá – How? A good question – Wie? Eine Gute frage, by Msc. Ing. Agr. Nestor Molinas
- Virtual water as a management tool, by Civil Engineer María del Carmen Álvarez
- Water Councils, a proposal for the management of water resources, by Lic. Geol. Carmen Rojas
The technical talk on geosciences is a way for GOALists in Paraguay to reach professionals, teachers, and students of FACEN in order to share their work experiences and knowledge.